Paramedic Certificate Program
Are you interested in a lifesaving career? According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of emergency medical technicians (EMTs) and paramedics is projected to grow 24 percent from 2014 to 2024. Unfortunate emergencies, such as car crashes, natural disasters, and acts of violence, will continue to create demand for EMTs and paramedics.
The eighteen-month Paramedic Certificate Program focuses on essential skills of para-medicine. Students will learn in three phases: didactic learning in the classroom, clinical training in an emergency medical setting with a preceptor, and a 480-hour field internship with a Private Ambulance Service and/or Fire Service (ALS Unit) with a preceptor. Students will develop expertise in the theory and application of basic and advanced life support and gain knowledge of the human mind and body. Successful completion will allow the student to apply for National Registry Certification and subsequent state licensure as a paramedic. This course meets or exceeds the requirements set forth in the State of California and Safety Code, Title 22, and conforms to the National Standard Paramedic Curriculum formulated by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Working EMTs are encouraged to apply to advance in the field.
The Paramedic Certificate Program is an ideal entry-level position that prepares students for a career in healthcare. With continuing education and on-the-job training, you can progress in your field or transfer those skills to other similar professions.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Understand the scope of practice provided by the state, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and the Department of Transportation.
- Promote personal health and well-being.
- Practice utilizing the guidelines of regulatory, legal, and ethical boards.
- Demonstrate emergency assessment and management skills and health promotion through prevention programs.
- First responders for patient care
- Pre-hospital treatment
- Patient assessments
- Medication Administration
- Fire departments
- Private ambulance companies
- Local government agencies
Opportunities for Career Advancement:
- Pursue a healthcare training program for advancement into a variety of healthcare fields including: RN, LVN or a suitable graduate program.
For more information: